Home / News / The difference between plastic PE bags and PVC
The difference between plastic PE bags and PVC
How to distinguish whether plastic packaging bags are PE or PVC:
1. Touch method Touch the surface of the plastic packaging bag. Generally, PVC plastic bags are sticky and astringent, while plastic PE bags are milky white, translucent, smooth to the touch and tough in texture.
2. Dithering method You can shake the plastic packaging bag vigorously by hand. If it can make a clear sound, it is usually a plastic PE bag. The sound is small and muffled, usually in a PVC plastic bag.
3. Combustion method If conditions permit, you can also use combustion to identify PE and PVC materials. Generally speaking, the flame is blue and the upper part is yellow. When burning, it is a plastic PE bag; it is difficult to burn, the flame is yellow, the upper end is green, and the pungent smell of hydrochloric acid is a PVC plastic packaging bag.
4. Immersion method After the plastic packaging bag is immersed in water and pressed into the water by hand, the plastic packaging bag that can surface is a plastic PE bag, and the plastic packaging bag that is submerged in the water is a PVC plastic packaging bag.
5. Understand the two uses PVC: PVC used to be the world's largest general-purpose plastic and was widely used. Widely used in building materials, industrial products, daily necessities, floor leather, floor tiles, artificial leather, pipes, wires and cables, packaging films, bottles, foaming materials, sealing materials, fibers, etc.
PE: High-pressure polyethylene, more than half of which are used in film products, followed by low- and medium-pressure polyethylene, such as pipes, injection molded products, metal wire coatings, and mainly injection molded products and hollow products. Ultra-high molecular weight PE has excellent comprehensive properties, so it can be used as engineering plastics.